HOW DO I FOLLOW JESUS?
Jesus is alive! He wants you to know Him. His compassion and kindness is for YOU!
So what does it mean to follow Christ?
God gave us a gift called grace. This free gift was given through Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross, and the harsh truth is that there is no amount of good work we can ever do to earn it for ourselves. When we accept this gift and give our lives to Jesus, acknowledging Him as both our Savior and Lord, we are forgiven and given a new life through relationship with Him.
This relationship grows in many ways:
Getting to know Jesus
What does the Bible really teach about Jesus?
- Jesus is the one and only Son of God.
- Jesus was the only person who ever lived a sinless life.
- Jesus proved his identity with miracles, signs, and wonders.
- Jesus died on the cross for our sins.
- Jesus showed His power when He rose from the grave!
- Jesus went to heaven to prepare a place for us.
- Jesus is coming back to take His people home forever.
- Jesus is both our Savior and our Lord.
Through PrayerPrayer is a conversation with God where we express our love for Him, confess our sins, thank Him for what is happening in our lives, and ask for His help. This can happen in community or by ourselves.
Through God’s WordWe study the Bible, God’s Word to us. It is the final authority in all matters of faith which provides direction in how to live our lives. We hear biblical teaching from God’s Word at Thursday or Sunday services, Connect Groups, and during our own quiet times.
Through Meaningful RelationshipsWe enter into community, seeking friends to support us as we grow and learn to live, love, and lead like Jesus. If you’d like to speak with someone about beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ, or need a Bible, please contact us!
What is my response?